At times, they creep up on us without any warning. Other times, these terrible emotion and motivation sucking beasts lurk right by our side. The worst part is that these Writing Monsters keep us from writing our best. It’s time to name those monsters and slay them!
Christine Hennebury, writer, storyteller, and creative Life coach, identifies these five monsters in her article, Take 5 Friday: Five Scary Writing Monsters To Banish, on 10 Minute Novelists. The monsters that we need to banish are:
- Monster #1: Not Good Enough Monster
- Monster # 2: Not Enough Time Monster
- Monster #3: Comparison Monster
- Monster # 4: Discipline Monster
- Monster # 5: This Is Pointless Monster
Dig deeper into these author-crushing creatures by visiting: